NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
The Go for the Gold Campaign (“Promotion”) is sponsored by CME Group Inc., 20 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60606, United States (“CME” or “Sponsor”).
Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry (“Participant”). Employees of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children, and domestic partner) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Promotion constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. These Official Rules will be posted on https://activetrader.cmegroup.com/offers/gold-challenge/rules
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that Participant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt of prize would violate local law or cause damage to the reputation of CME and/or any other party.
- Entry Period: The Promotion begins on May 22, 2017 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on June 1, 2017 at 1:29:29 PM ET (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s server is the official timekeeping device for the Promotion. Promotion Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be void.
- How to Enter: Participant will need to visit any of the following websites and follow the instructions on the website (as set forth in more detail below) to submit an entry during the Entry Period (“Entry”):
In order to submit an Entry, Participant must:
- Navigate to https://activetrader.cmegroup.com/offers/gold-challenge.
- Fill out the submission form completely, including:
- Participant’s first and last name;
- Participant’s valid email address;
- Participant’s country;
- Whether or not Participant currently trades (optional);
- Participant’s guess on the June 30, 2017 settlement price of the August COMEX Gold Futures Contract (GCQ7) in the required format (e.g. XXXX.X format); and
- Participant’s guess on the June 30, 2017 settlement price of the July COMEX Silver Futures Contract (SIN7) in the required format (e.g. XX.XXX format).
- Click “Submit.”
Entries are considered final as submitted. Failure to include the required information will void the Entry. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, inaccurate, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries, all of which will be void.
Limit: Limit one (1) Entry per person, email address, or household. Any Entries that do not comply with the above Guidelines will not be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entries that it finds unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple emails, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Participant’s Entry and that Participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email account used will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the email address, as that is determined by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Winner Selection: Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period, on or about June 30 2017 at approximately 3:00:00 PM ET. The potential winner will be the Participant who guesses the closest estimate of the June 30, 2017 settlement price of the August COMEX Gold Futures Contract, without going over the actual price, will be selected as the winner of the Promotion. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by selecting the Participant who guesses the closest estimate of the June 30, 2017 settlement price of the July COMEX Silver Futures Contract, without going over the actual price. In the event that the tie still exists, the Entry received first, as determined by Sponsor’s time keeping device, will be determined as the winner of the Promotion. Sponsor will reference the June 30, 2017 settlement price of the August COMEX Gold Futures Contract and the June 30, 2017 settlement price of the July COMEX Silver Futures Contract as provided on June 30, 2017 at approximately 1:30:00 PM ET.
The potential winner will be notified by Sponsor through email on or about June 30, 2017. Within twenty-four (24) hours of the Sponsor’s email communication, the potential winner must supply Sponsor with any requested information for the administration of the Promotion. The potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which must be received by Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent in order to claim their prize. If the potential winner fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, fails to provide any requested information within the required time period, or the prize or notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. In such event, Sponsor will select the Participant who guesses the next closest estimate of the June 30, 2017 settlement price of the August COMEX Gold Futures Contract, without going over the actual price, will be selected as the winner of the Promotion. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Allow 4-6 weeks for shipment of prize.
- Prize: ONE (1) GOLD BAR. The approximate retail value of the prize is $1200.00 USD. The approximate retail value is determined as of the date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in value of the prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. No cash or other substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize, or any component of the prize, cannot be awarded for any reason. Prize is non-transferrable.
The potential winner will be solely responsible for all taxes, if any, associated with prize receipt and/or use. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery and is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. If required, any applicable forms will be filed with the appropriate taxing authority. The potential winner may be issued an IRS 1099 form for the prize.
Release: By participating, Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Privacy and Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a Participant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Promotion, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate State Court located in Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations of certain remedies or damages and so this provision may not apply to you.
- Winner List: Requests for the winner list should be sent to: CME Group Inc., 20 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60606, United States. Requests for the winner list must be received within three (3) months of the close of the Entry Period. Requests received after this time will not be honored.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
©2017 CME Group. All rights reserved. CME Group, the Globe Logo, Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc., Globex and CME are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. All other marks are held by their respective owners.